Saturday, March 18, 2006

Oh my goodness! It's been so cold here...make it stop. It's snowing in my flat, not really, but I did come home from school the other day and check to see if there was snow at the foot of my bed.

Broken toe is healed. YaWoo! Hit the gym and am back running again. Still can't do the lunges, who knew a pinky toe was so vital to balance. Oh, a broken toe in the snow isn't the best, but I do think that the constant icing on my foot due to the freezing cold has helped with the expedited healing.

What's new?
  • Had a final on Wednesday for Public Policy.
  • St. Paddy's Day was a bore. I've never been so close to Ireland on the 17th and home before the day was over. Complete Snooze Fest! There was simply nothing Irish about the day.
  • Monday I'm meeting with the CEO of www.visitscotland.com. I'm interviewing him for a paper I'm working on and to discuss possible work placement scenarios for my disseration.
  • Two finals next week, going away party Friday night.
  • Before I head off I'm supposed to meet the former First Minister, Henry McLeish. (It's the Tony Blair of Scotland) Purpose again is for dissertation topics and work placement options.
  • Leave for Paris on Sunday, March 26.

It's been crazy how time has flown by. I'm looking forward to Paris, but don't know what exactly to expect.

Cheers, Laura

No comments: