Thursday, April 20, 2006

Greetings from Shanghai!

I arrived to China this morning and found my guest house near Tongi University. I have a few days to explore before I start the study trip portion. Not too sure if I will head up to Beijing or just see the sights of the city. The city is sprawling, similar to LA and leaves much to be discovered.

Life has been very exciting since moving to Paris. My roommate, Jay, and I have entertained guest since Day 2 of our arrival. The best yet was the visit from my parents. (pictures pending!) They arrived on Holy Thursday and spent the next week with me. I took them to the restaurants that I've enjoyed dining. Living the life of a student, I definitely took advantage/enjoyed our meals...tartes, crepes, pate, vin...delicious. We walked all over the City, explored the gardens, visited churches, went to Easter mass at St. Gervais, shopped in boys town (Marais District) and St. Germain de Pres. I think they finally mastered the subway system and know the best parts of City to stay for their next visit.

The next 30 days will be a great adventure. Today, I'm in Shanghai and will be here until May 1. I'm back to Paris for a week and then will head off to Morocco for a course on Entrepreneurship. 3 Continents...ya-woo!

Life is exciting. Still looking for the summer work placement so let me know if something comes up.

Send me emails.

love loyalty friendship, Laura

No comments: