Friday, November 07, 2008

This is my most random e-marketing from ebookers.com. Check it out.

Dear Laura,
America has voted for Barack Obama, and now it’s your turn. We’re giving you a choice of top US destinations at election-winning prices in our exclusive three day seat sale starting Friday. On the ticket are 12 cities and a host of hotels, all campaigning for your attention. The question is, which will you choose?
PS. America’s president isn’t the only thing that’s changing — we’ve got a brand new look and feel. We hope you like it as much as we do.

Washington£259Chicago£269
Philadelphia£259Miami£269
Orlando£279Los Angeles£315

Living near Peckham, the afro-caribbean town, I was quite surprised by the Obama fever and buzz pre-post elections. Some of the Africans were sharing iPods (which is absolutely disgusting!) others were sharing the paper, people peering over shoulders to catch Tuesday's events. People were genuinely friendly with each other on Wednesday morning and many of my colleagues stayed up through the night watching the election results. In the countries that I've travelled to in these past 3 years, sentiments towards the States have sadly been mostly negative. It was truly spectacular and I've been amazed at the international interest and hope that I've witnessed. Our Tube papers continue to dedicate the first 3 pages to Obama's victory. It's been really interesting to experience. I don't know if people will say goodbye to the America bashing, but I'm hoping it becomes more passe as time moves on. Interesting times.

xoxo, L

No comments: