Thursday, June 25, 2009

Well, I'm off to Italy. I'm getting married!!

The past few weeks have been a nightmere. Visa rejection, 28 days to leave the country, suspended work status, tube strikes, postal strikes, emergency passports....you name it I've done it when it comes to bureaucracy. All in the name for love.

Well my illegal alien status stands and at this point I'm hoping that post wedding they will let me back into the country. I'll be camping in New York until my spousal visa is approved.

Wedding....Ian and I are very excited for the big day. We're driving down tomorrow, ferry, a night in northern Italy and then the farmhouse for a week. Check out Pian di Cascina in Casa Castalda, Umbria. We're delighted that many of our friends and family will be joining us to celebrate our nuptuals. A porchetta party will take place on the 4th of July to celebrate the festivities bringing American and Brits together on neutral land.

I'll keep you posted on my plight. A new journey awaits me and I'm looking forward...

Love Loyalty Friendship,
L

1 comment:

Appleton Wellness said...

I wish I was going to be in Italy to help celebrate! I know you'll have a blast and a happy life with Ian. I hope we get to visit soon! Much love and friendship as you embark on your new journey! And I hope you get back in the country :o)
Hugs & Kisses,
Christine