Tuesday, June 13, 2006



Au Revoir, Paris!

Well sadly, my days in Paris are quickly coming to an end. My time here has been absolutely amazing and I have fallen in love with this city. The love is not so strong right now as the spring sun is blazing and we have no air conditioning.

What will I miss?
  • Greeting the cafe owner downstairs each morning. His name I still don't know.
  • Croissants aux amandes from the local patissier and every so often a tarte dijonaisse.
  • The rappers, crazies and preachers on the subway.
  • Catching a glimpse of the Eiffel Tour, Notre Dame or the domes of Sacre Coeur all too often and still getting excited.
  • Being asked for directions and sadly panicking instead of busting out my steadily improving french.
  • The moon over the Canal St. Martin..I didn't take a pic b/c it will always be one of my great memories..
  • Going to the second story of the Eiffel Tour and getting to kiss a man....relax, it was Ian, no scandals here.
  • The many visitors that we shared wine, sampled cheese, laughed until the wee hours of the morning.
  • Trying to fall asleep along the Seine.
  • Reading my book and hanging my feet over the Seine, realizing that I was slightly starting to nod off and thinking that Patrick would just love for me to fall in.
  • Food and wine, lots of it, and dinners that last for hours and somehow the time always escape you.


Paris has been amazing for me and my goal is to never be too far away. It's the conclusion of my studies, and now I move on to my work placement in London. I'll be back in Edinburgh for 10 days and then London awaits me. I'm looking forward to the new adventure, getting slowly back into work and attempting that disseratation, which topic continues to evolve.

Au Revoir Mes Amis....Love Loyalty Friendship...Laura

No comments: