Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Greetings and Salutations!

Dear friends and family:

I'm now living in London, Muswell Hill to be exact as I've secured a summer work placement with the Centre for Organizational Exellence (COREX.) It's a small consulting firm and I'll be working on a case study for their client, Network Rail. They are responsible for the railways in UK, which have been plagued with disaster over the years.

Anyways, I'm enjoying the City and getting to know London. The extent of previous visits consisted on sitting at Heathrow for countless hours. Already, I've had my share of visitors and this is only my second week. No one is staying with me because I'm living and working in the business. It's definitely creepy to check the work emails in a shower towel. I don't think the home office will ever be my thing. I have found a flat nearly 200 yds/metres so the commute will allow me to fashion my heels and get on down the road. I'm looking forward to moving in over the weekend, and although the flat is small it has the most amazing english garden. I needed something to cheer me up as summer turns cold and I begin writing my disseration.

I'll post some new pics when I get some. Come visit me!

Cheers, Laura

No comments: