Tuesday, September 05, 2006


Urrrggghhhh! I just wrote the August recap and it's gone. Curses! Maybe you'll like this version better.
August: trash strikes, bosses on vacation, London walk-abouts, two trips to Edinburgh, visitors: Sarah, John Fellows and Jay, befriended a French boy (he's 20,) found another girl friend, figured out the dissertation topic, saw Big Lebowski at the Somerset House....

Things are good and busy here in London. Time is flying by and my work placement is coming to an end. I've been offered to work a couple days a week while writing my dissertation. Dissertation question, "How does an organization use a case study for organization learning?" I'll be using the case study I'm writing for Network Rail as the basis for my topic.

I'm still pursuing my love for France and so when I was sitting next to a boy on the Tube, I asked if he wanted to meet. I could practice French and he English. He agreed and we've been chatting. Again, I'm determined to break the perception that the most unfriendly people are on the London Tube. I've really had no problems thus far.

Big Lebowski...that's been on the life list to see a movie outdoors as part of a summer festival series. It was fabulous. While maybe my American compatriots may have appreciated the movie more, it was an enjoyable event that of course I ventured to solo.

Jay dropped down for a surprise visit. As usual, we had the best of times both in Muswell Hill and exploring London. We ate Moroccan and reminisced about our days in Casablanca and Marrakesh. I may have manipulated an early release from work so we could enjoy Friday. The pub crawl started in Notting Hill and carried on to Leicester Square, Chinatown and Soho.
I'm off.
Cheers, L



2 comments:

Patrick said...

Laura
Good to see you blogging again. I was starting to get concerned. I figured that you had either gone into the witness protection program or those guys from China had tracked you down in the UK and kidnapped you.
Patrick

Laura Toner & Ian Jackson said...

Patrick:
What part of I didn't have any friends didn't you understand. When there's no one around you talk to yourself...you develop fun little friends in your head..you begin to talk to your computer. Good people, good times. Oh actually that was all just me.
Go watch your kids!