Friday, May 12, 2006

Assalam Alaikum....

Greetings friends and family. Je suis arrivee en Maroc. I'm currently taking a course on Entrepreneurship in Casablanca and enjoying the life here. I think this is what I had envisioned for the pursuit of MBA. Go to school for a few hours, then shop, go to the beach, take a nap, have a few cocktails and then open a book every so often. I'm enjoying life here too much. Class is only 4 hours a day and because Ecole Hassania is a part-time program, the class is only in the p.m.

So, I've worked on the Redondo Beach tan that I have been without since moving to Edinburgh. I was happy to see that I still had a little beach girl in me, so my slight burn quickly turned into a tan. Ya-woo!

Casablanca was really reminding me of California and then finally it came to me that it's exactly like Palm Springs. My internal GIS is improving and I came to learn that the 2 cities actually sit on the same parallel. Good stuff.

The first two days were filled with studies and applications, but now my time can be redirected towards the exploration of Morocco. The food is delicious and I just came back from an amazing couscous feast. Solo, I walked the Medina yesterday and was harassed with snake-like hisses. I don't know why I didn't stop and talk, it was so endearing. Can't imagine. Purchased a scarf to go to the Mosque; however when I arrived visiting hours had come and gone; maybe another day. I been speaking more French, but for the most part no one ever seems to understand me. Most people are used to speaking this type of Frarabic so they continually are in and out of the two languages, much more fluent than the Spangish.

Have to get running. I'll post pics. Apparently, I've been a little longwinded in the postings and more pics are wanted. But hey, you travel to a bunch of countries and see what it's like where you can barely speak to anyone. My laptop and I are like best friends forever, or maybe it's more just the voices in my head that continue to speak to me.

Oh, I have Skype now too. I'll post that number or address...and people can call me there too.

Jesus loves me yes I know......Laura

No comments: