Wednesday, May 31, 2006


Parade of Horribles....

So the parade of horribles that I've grown to love, but not yet mingle with were just enjoying their saturday afternoon. Ian and I were crossing the street when all of a sudden I hear this commotion, a man running, a lady scurrying, people stopping to let the crazy battle ensue.

So, I transition from my "Pieton traversez en double temps" to a crawl b/c one of the parade participants is coming after the bourgie lady.
(Keep up people, bourgeosie made simple.)
So she's looking all high society scurrying away and I'm thinking this guy is going to kick her ass. But as I approach I can hear what's going one...Retournez, Retournez, Donnez moi....squak, squak, squak.
Right? You're with me. I'm understanding the dialogue and this guy hasn't had anything but Champagney all day long.

So get this...this crazy chick lifted potted plants from the Parade of Horribles. Now keep in mind that these flowers were probably once stolen, but I'm a Robin Hood fan. She wouldn't give the flowers back until the Parade conductor ripped them out of her hands. And then there was peace.

Everyone went back to their previous strides, people still looking a little confused and then disgust came over my face and my little puzzle pieces formed the mosaic. This Little Miss Bourgie came along and gangster bitched the memorial flowers for one of the deceased parade participants. The 40 ft. tree is the largest tombstone that I've ever seen, there's a photo attached with lovely ribbons of the spot that had once been occupied at the Place de Republique, and at the foot of the tree lay wrapped flower and the reinstated potted plants.

Can you believe it? Bourgie stealing from the homeless memorial?? Oh, I wanted to kick her in the head when I realized.

That's all for now, I'm exhausted just reliving the incident.

No comments: