Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Inquiring Minds Want to Know.....

Of course I never got on the elevator to Shanghai. I wouldn't have been able to write these stories if I had. Sorry that I left you all hanging that was not my intention. No elevators, no art, no muggings, fully clothed, etc. I think that sums up the questions that I've been receiving. Plus, my mother taught me well.

I got out of China on Monday. I guess my flight was scheduled early in the morning, who knew? I actually found out the night before that I was leaving in the a.m. so it drastically cut into my souvenir shopping. In other words, if you don't receive anything in the mail, I was probably shopping for you on Monday, but the trip was cut short.

I hate KLM! They only allow 20 kgs for travel. Who goes to China and only returns with luggage under 20 kgs? Sounds like a complete airline scam. After dealing with the Chinese post and mailing my belongings back to my parents in CA, I was able to board my flight. One of the items may have been illegally removed from the country. I can't state the validity of such a claim.

I returned to Paris being greeted on the train by of course, more Chinese travellers...Chinese travellers speaking French (language overload.) It was all good...I need to expand my breadth of Mandarin vocab which currently consists of Hi, Thank you, 58, 88 and No. I like to say them at random pretending I know the language. Oh, I know the numbers because that's the address of my friend and also where I got my massage, so I'm quite proud of myself for learning 58 and 88. I also picked up the numerical sign language which the taxi drivers were all amused by.

I started back in class today which I'll have through Saturday. Sounds miserable, but it's really not too bad.

Ok, here's the kicker. i know you think I the big jet setter these days, but as I told Patrick, I'm really just trying to see how much money I can spend being unemployed. So, this Sunday I will be heading to Morocco for another class. I'm trying to see how many continents I can visit within 3o days! It's a class in Entrepreneurship and I'm really looking forward to checking out the country. I'll have a few extra days for travel so will head out of Casablanca to Marakesh. I am looking into import/export, but haven't figured out if it's strictly to expand my personal jewelry and purse collection or if it good serve the greater good. I'm thinking it's the former.

I'm starting to get grades back from my second semester and have achieved significantly higher scores than my first semester. I really think the first dose was boot camp, where they beat us into submission just to build us back up again. I'm quite pleased b/c I received my first A which is rather difficult to accomplish in the UK system. I'm still waiting for my Business Finance grade, but he's on strike...no joke. I'm actually hoping he holds on tight to that picket sign and foregoes the grade...it may serve me better in the long run.

I need to sleep. I'm lacking desperately in that arena. But hey, I'm back safe and sound from China and enjoying the late nights in Paris (the sun is setting around 10 p.m.) Love it!

Talk to you soon.

Love Loyalty Friendship,
Laura

No comments: