Monday, July 31, 2006














Greetings Friends and Family:
I tried to take a picture of the bell, but I can't seem to capture it. Does anyone know the name of the clock??

The other pic is my garden!! Not that I planted it myself, but it's the english garden for my flat. While the heat wave has taken a major toll, it is filled with lilacs, lavender, roses, an apple tree and some other crazy things. I figure it will definitely keep me sane as the weather turns from miserably hot to freezing cold. AT LEAST YOU ALL HAVE AC!!!

Sarah's here in London as she got in on Saturday. Heathrow, mon dieu, what a nightmere. It's like a UN convention and not being part of the EU is just not fun when trying to get through customs. But sitting in the waiting area, trying to catch first glimpse of my sis, I realized in my old age that I'm becoming a weak sauce, depending on who's reading this.... i.e. basket case, baby sister, an emotional wreck. Little kids running to parents, grandmas meeting grandchildren, husbands greeting wives, men from the old country meeting the new generation's family...I, who have never cried in a sappy movie...there were tears in the eyes folks!

Despite the heat, I've been surviving. Work has gone from a part-time position to full-time, but as the deadline draws near for the case study deadline, it's all the better. Most of my days have been spent meeting with Execs from Network Rail.

I'm taking a few days off to enjoy with Sarah. Later this week, we'll head to Edinburgh to partake in the Festival activities. I missed it last year, so I'm looking foward to the concerts, etc.

More pics headed your way.

Hope life is good.

Kisses, Laura

No comments: