Sunday, August 13, 2006

Anyone up for Les Mis? Sing with me people...

And now I'm all alone again
Nowhere to turn, no one to go to.
Without a home, without a friend
without a face to say hello to
But now the night is near
And I can make-believe he's here

So bottomline is that I have no friends. My two bosses are in Canada...and I don't want to hang out with them anyways. Sarah went home. And my friend, Anthony from my MBA class who lives down the street, he's in Dubai and then starts the job on Monday. Snooze!

Campaign...Want to Get on My School Bus?
Campaign...Want to Play in My Sand Box?
Campaign...for the love of god and all that is holy, will someone be my friend?

Desperate times call for desperate measures. So I hit the streets, not in the lady of the night kind of way. I was fully clad due to the cold rain and headed to my local bar, Ha Ha. There I stood all by my lonesome. Yes there were stares, really it was gawking. There are no bar stools here people so you just can't hind that you're so solo. I just needed to make it through one class of wine and then would permit myself to go back to the flat. However after a good ten minutes, bartender Emily gave me a kick-save and came to the rescue with some brief conversation. Fabulous! School bus door opened....all aboard.

Just as I finished the one conversation, I was chatted up by a couple fine gents with the punchy line, "surely you're not here on your own." I refrained from quoting Airplane and seized my opportunity for 2 more potentials. I made it to the second glass and then we moseyed to O'Briens for another cocktail. Success folks! I built a sand castle....ya-woo. So I have plans on Wednesday night. Good stuff.

It is daunting, but a swift kick in the arse and open body language I'm determined will help fill my school bus.

Cheers, L

1 comment:

Laura Toner & Ian Jackson said...

One day I'll sit on a park bench and entertain myself in my boas.