Thursday, August 10, 2006


Changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace, New Guard.


Holy Moses!

What in the world is a girl to do without any freakin chapstick or lipstick on a 10+ hour flight? I have to come up with a plan. I'm taking suggestions. Clearly, I'm happy that the plot was foiled, but I need to strategize and 6 weeks will be here before you know it.

And yes, Sarah made it back to CSUC(K)I; she was on her merry way on Monday morning and finally arrived. As for John, remember the City Attorney from a few weeks back, he may have quite the delay getting back, but who's in a rush to get back to work...Matterhorn, Torrance, Matterhorn...Torrance. Yeah, I'm not feeling it.

So where should I hide the chapstick?

I was thinking I could put a clear lining on my hand and nonchalantly apply every so often. It may get a little slimy, but at least I'd have it.
Coat a credit card?
Fill medicine caplets with lip gel?
Tissues?
Wear a locket??
Somebody please, help me....help me, please!

Good thing I'm flying American or maybe not.

6 week countdown and looking forward to it. It's my grandparents anniversary, Police Chief is retiring, Rachel's getting married...yada, yada, yada. Good people, good times.

It's cold here and summer may be over. Sadly, just as I receive my summer dresses and shoes from my mom, I'm closing up the windows each night and am dreading the possibility of another UK winter.

Contrary to popular belief, I'm applying for the UK work permit and should have a good chance. Thankfully, the COT salary gave me a little boost to qualify me for the Highly Skilled Migrants Program. If I don't succeed, I'll be another illegal alien just trying to get a job and make a better life for myself. Oh, how the tables have turned!

First Mover's Advantage------
Do you think I could capitalize on the recent terrorist threats with the creation of fashionable, transparent, carry-on bags for the jetsetter? It's just not really convenient to carry an open trash bag on a plane. Fashion First! Hello?

Cheers, L

No comments: