Wednesday, July 11, 2007



Rachel and I in Athens.

We met up in Plaka, the old village of Athens. As Rachel and RJ had been plaqued with rain their entire European vacation, they brought the clouds to Athens too. I needed a break from the sun and sand so it was a good thing.

Athens was great for sun and food. I wasn't too thrilled with the taxi drivers as many tried to rip you off. Athens definitely didn't have the feel as the other Euro cities I've visited. I really did go just to lay out and relax, but I did capture a few sights and was truly amazed at the Acropolis. I wished I had visited my first day in town so I could get a better appreciation for the city. Cleanliness is not a top priority and the Greeks are first to tell you that it's one of the poorest countries in the EU. I don't think they can claim that now that Bulgaria and Romania were welcomed.

No comments: