Wednesday, July 25, 2007


When all you can do is laugh or drink.........
I'm unemployed. Everyone is up to speed on this fact, right? Each day consists of an early wake up call, turning on the computer and sifting through the countless job boards searching for the needle in the haystack which will one day be my next high paying, consulting job. Key words: high-paying, consultancy.

Last week, I stared at the wall and sat at my computer from 9-5. This week, I relocated to the dining table with a lovely view of the communal gardens. It's not as depressing as the magnolia (they don't sell Navajo paint here. go figure!) walls.

Thinking that this respite will be good for the soul, I plug away each day sending out countless CVs (aka resumes) to recruiters and employers. You would think I was doing this peacefully, however, 2 flats are being gutted. From 9-5, drills, hammering, swearing, hauling...it's absolutely doing my head in. I CAN'T THINK! It's making me sketchy, there may be voices surfacing in my head. And just when you think the crews are done for the day, calm sets in....BZZZZZZZZZZZ blasts through the floor penetrating my numbed brain. All I can think is this must be some freaking joke and I have to laugh.
Tomorrow I swear the lawnmowerman and weedwacker/leaf blower boy come; it might get ugly.

Stop the madness!
This is a 30 second re-enactment of the drill....
xxxxx
x
xx
x
xx
xxx
xxxxx
x
xxxxx
xxxxxxx
xxxxxx
xx
x
x
see it lulls you to thinking it stops and
xx
xxxxxxxxx
xxxx
x
xx
xx

No comments: