Sunday, October 22, 2006

Wedding Bells Don't Sound Like That!?!

So which version of the wedding do you want????

Remember this....everything and everyone is fine! Don't forget this.
Version 1. RJ and Rachel arrive on time, the organist plays the music, the cantor's sing, readings flow swimmingly, a smooth exchange of vows (with I'll have you note a clear omission of "For Richer or Poorer"... very interesting) moving on, I Do-I Do, Kiss Kiss, Mr. and Mrs RJ Cruz, and the pomp and circumstance, party time.

Version 2. My father, the organist, feels like he's having a heart attack half way through the ceremony and is rushed to the hospital just as the bride and groom are leaving the church. Not good folks, not good. 2 fire trucks and 2 paramedics and a trip to HOAG hospital later, we found that Dad passed out due to the onset of the flu. Sounds shady, a true weak sauce!

As I make light of it now, it really wasn't the best thing. Due to the amount of Servite alumni/families at the wedding, by the end of the day the streets were buzzing with talk of strokes, heart attacks and near death as the rumours. Holy Moses! He was released later that day; he's doing fine and has a few doctor's appointments in the near future.

The way I see it, Rachel had asked my dad to play the organ at her wedding and in turn, she promised never to hug him again. He's not exactly one for female, tactile affection; with men however, Ha! (I just realised how that sounded.) Moving on, half way through the ceremony he realised what he was truly giving up! (I can say these things b/c my dad doesn't read this blog)

Did I make it to the reception? Of course, I needed a freakin drink! There really should be bars in hospitals. Entrepreneur idea or process innovation?

As we left the hospital, my brother's remarks for the day were, "uh, Laura, isn't this wedding the only reason why you came home?"...Oh really Ted, thanks for reminding me! My Dad's kicking it and Rach and RJ are married. All is good.

Decorating the Bride and Groom's Room.... we decorated twice, this was the Suite that they weren't staying in. Fun facts.

California Dreamin, L



No comments: