Monday, October 30, 2006


Greetings and Salutations!...Sherlock Holmes is cool.....


You will find that over the course of the next 2 months this will be my tool of procrastination. I have entered the stage of the Dissertation, the last and final stretch of the MBA. While I'll be using information from the internship, there's this silly, little thing called Literature Review which is a complete snooze fest.
Of course my initial approach was all wrong, cutting quotes here and there from various sources of academia to only realize later that I was supposed to be synthesizing all of it. Reading Comprehension 101...I never really liked that subject.


So I'm off and running. I'm working 2 day/week at the consulting firm (AAAAHHHH!) and the rest is writing. The goal is to be finished by Thanksgiving. I know, really random deadline considering it bears no relevance on this side of the world. It's not like I'll be prepping some amazing feast. I guess I'd like to enjoy a little of the Christmas season on this side as last year I was plagued with finals and complete freak outs.
The weather is turning, the clocks are set back, it's dark by 4:30 and I'm starting to wonder if I'll freeze in this flat just the same as in Edinburgh. I thought I was off to a good start, but as I sit here bundled head to toe and with the curtains drawn, I'm anticipating frost on the windows shortly.
I'll be posting the haps of the past few weekends soon. I've been way solo and entertaining myself. Anth and I got up to a pub crawl in Camden, and last night I met my MBA friend, Marieke in Covent Garden. Marieke is officially my new girlfriend in town after the other jumped off the school bus and started walking to school.


No comments: