Thursday, April 12, 2007

I'm having a RANT.....

i am on UK lock down and not loving it!! i need off the island. Somebody, please save me.

If I get erased, the UK government did it. Not that I'm into conspiracy theories or anything. The Home Office has my whole life wrapped up into a little package of 2 envelopes. Everytime I correspond with them it seems to cost £350 POOOONDS. Not cool.

I'm bored and should be working, must make sales. I've been scolded by my cousin Caitlin for adjusting my spelling to the UK english. Well let me just tell you that I'll take the berating from home rather than the comments from British colleagues. I fought the Z-zeds and extra consonants when I was at Edinburgh; however, no that I'm trying to emmerse myself into the working world I must submit to some brainwashing. I am holding out on Route, I refuse to pronounce it ROOT, and quite often I'm selling Learning Routes to Organisssssations. Phrases such as "I'm fine, Sure, I don't care" have all been deemed inappropriate or rather strong statements. I never really tried the "Whatever" phrase in the workplace.

Ok, i'm back at it.

Chicago.....here I come. Anyone wanting to see me stateside will need to be in the Chicago/Indiana area the weekend of June 9 or the 9th June.

Cheers, L

2 comments:

MK said...

I just read all of your blogs from the first on...I never knew what a fun-to-read writer you are. You are officially added to my daily INternet rounds--the NYTimes and Post, espn, Pinkisthenewblog, and YOU. LOVE YOU.

Laura Toner & Ian Jackson said...

Is this your official publishing voice talking? I need your endorsement. Your my editor/publisher, Angie Montanio is my illustrator. I have 2 books in the works and need motivation.