Monday, April 09, 2007


St. Paddy’s Day in London
People are often asking if the school bus is full. Well it really ebbs and flows. St. Paddy’s day was a real kick in the ass reminding me of this. It started out there was a group of us, and then there was one. I was not going to give up though, for the love of god, it was St. Paddy’s Day and I was going to salvage the day. Calling up my frenchie friend, Jean Marie, he and a friend met me for a pint and no sooner had we finished the beers, he wanted to go to the movies. Not really understanding the ST. Patrick’s tradition, the need to drink Guinness and sing traditional songs. However, I gave up, went to the movies, and was home by midnight with just a few pints down. No fear, the parade and festivals were on Sunday and I ventured solo and enjoyed the festivities in Trafalgar and Leicester Square and Covent Garden.

I think I have said before that some of my friends are from Westminster Cathedral which I attend on Sunday evenings. My St. Paddy’s weekend concluded with the realisation that my social interaction really just consists of a Groundhog Day scenario. I see people once a week, some are new, and others are old faces that sit next to someone else. I have met these people; however, I continue to have the same freaking conversation repeatedly. I have met one girl that is great so we hang out rather often.

No comments: